Prolon Fasting Mimicking Diet – Cure to Visceral Fat?
The Prolon FMD is a great way to effectively and efficiently do a metabolic detoxing cleanse at the cellular level, in just 5 days. I’ve done it three times now, and plan on doing it every 3-6 months as a metabolic tune-up.
What is the Prolon Fasting Mimicking Diet?
- Allows you to achieve a Fasting state, while still consuming the maximum amount of nutrients and calories possible
- Over the course of 5 days, the body essentially begins to reset and renew itself, using the heavily researched methods from Dr Longo’s lab.
- Designed by Dr Valter Longo, director of USC’s Longevity Institute and author of The Longevity Diet
- Based on 30 years of research into what helps humans live a long and fit life
- Curious about the Science? Dr Longo’s TedX talk is good. I also hear that it was featured on Goop Lab on Netflix.
- The foods are a tasty enough (for a cleanse) mix of powdered soups, custom protein bars, crackers and a glycerol drink.
- While the food itself is definitely nothing to write home about, the results absolutely are.
As for results, and do they stick? Below is a chart for a 3 month period where I did the prolon diet twice mid-pandemic. Now, I won’t tell you the exact numbers, but I will say that there is a 10# delta between the top line and the bottom line. While you can see that there was some return of weight, the overall baseline persisted.
This is just a snippet of information that I wanted to get out to you while I was thinking about it. There is a ton more information about this specific packaged diet, and on fasting mimicking out there on the internet.
Bonus tool: Prolon’s suggestions for transitioning off the diet. ProLon – Transition Day Meal Guide